I think God used up all his green crayons while making Kerala.
Toddy is around everywhere.
You’ll find large Billboards every 20 mts 90% about Gold, Silks and Mohanlal.
Chakna for Drinks
Land grabbing is a common pastime for relatives and neighbors, Our neighbors used to grab small portions every year by moving their fence ahead, we finally made a concrete wall.
Local made cool drinks sell more than Pepsi, the famous green bottle goti soda is not to be seen.
The loyal elephant is still around, I don’t see the JCB doing this work ever in Kerala
Kerala is full of wicked colors like fluorescent pink, green and lime yellow.
I made a short trip to Kerala for my cousin’s wedding last weekend. I do admit that I may not have the expertise to judge people or let alone any tribe.
But I have all the right to make some observations about Mallus, The tribe which I’m quite proud to be a part of.
- Gold, Silk and Mammoth Flex Banners are the only visible business in Kerala
- The most decent and orderly people are found standing in the Booze Shop queues.
- Mallu newsreaders are a million times louder than Arnab Goswami.
- .94 secs is the average time taken by a mallus to finish a large peg.
- Kalayani strong is the most popular beer and the Kerala Govt has cut booze prices by 10%
- Baby Shalini Hair style is still en-vogue even, every second kid had the hairstyle .
- This is the only place in the planet where you greet tired and dehydrated guests with boiling colored drinking water.
- Humidity is 120%
- God just used his dark green crayons while coloring Kerala.
- An average of 20 wedding guests can easily travel in a Toyota Qualis.
- Mallu wedding ceremony is max of 40 seconds, The heat and humidity doesn’t permit more than that.
- Arrack been banned, Workers drinking FMIL has lead to increase in minimum wage from 100 bucks to 350 bucks.
- Cochin Airport has one of the best airport lounge seats.
- Pallakkad supports Mumbai Indians.
- When the cameraman says smile every mallu female makes a sincere effort to hide her teeth even if she has normal ones.
- I saw more cricket been played than Football.
I hope the next time I have more time to spend and to travel the entire coastline, tea gardens and drink Toddy 🙂
May the spirit of Onam remains everywhere Whatever you do Whatever you think Whatever you hope in your life “Wish you a Happy Onam”
Onam @ home