After all the TV coverage of the President inaguration of the Global Vipassana Pagoda, Me and Deepthi decided to make a visit there. There are 2 ways to get to the Pagoda (near Esselworld, Gorai) 1. Via Ferry From Gorai Creek 2. Via road Bhayandar – Uttan – Gorai () Good Things About the Pagoda
- The 325 feet majestic monument really stands out and will surely drive more tourists.
- Its the world’s largest stone dome built without any supporting pillars
- Over 8k people can meditate inside the Pagoda.
- Genuine Buddha relics enshrined in the Pagoda.
- There are no entry fees or charges of any kind.
- Free Bus from Car Park to the Pagoda
- Located in a great location with great view and really breezy place.
Things to remember :
- You cant meditate or enter the dome unless you have completed the 10 day vipassana course.
- Visitors can just roam around the Pagoda and see the people meditating inside the dome.
- Lotsa work is still pending and it resembles a big under construction project, It should be at least a year or two till everything looks like the pictures in the Brochures.